We'll meet at the Leaning Tower of Pisa (camera's in hand of course!) and then drive through the rolling hills of Tuscany's countryside to our venue for the next four days.
Throughout the Retreat you'll have the opportunity to photograph among cobblestone streets, iconic landmarks and stunning natural landscapes all with a world-class photographer as your instructor.
When we're not shooting, you'll join the keynote business focused presentations, small group discussions and editing classes too.
Between all of that there'll be time for connecting with your peers for that ultimate feeling of "belonging".
This is The Pet Photographers Retreat- a space where you belong.
It's about getting inspired, connecting with like minds and improving both your business and your craft! And better still.. you will have made life long friends who actually "get it".
It's in Italy in April with some of Europes BEST and MOST SUCCESSFUL pet photographers!
Location and transport:
We'll take care of everything once you're in Pisa! There are direct flights to Pisa from most European cities
We will meet in Pisa on Tuesday morning and a private bus will take us to our accommodation in the Tuscan country side.
Private transport is provided back to Pisa on Saturday.
Pisa International Airport (also named Galileo Galilei Airport) - Ryanair, Wizz and Easy Jet
Florence Peretola Airport (if flying into Florence you'll need to catch a train to Pisa)
Classes are held Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday with one shoot per day plus editing/business classes and additional small group break out Q&A sessions
All meals from Tuesday lunch - Saturday Breakfast (total 12 meals)
4 nights accommodation; Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday evenings with check out on Saturday morning
Total Ticket price: €2290
Alternatively, a payment plan is available.
Available Upgrades and Add-on's:
More information provided after check out
- Private room upgrade - €400
- Video workshop add-on: Saturday 29th April - €350
- Afternoon Horse riding + equine photoshoot workshop add-on - €100
- Afternoon Wine Appreciation with a winemaker add-on - €40
- Cooking class - €50
Terms and Conditions
By purchasing a ticket you agree to the Terms and Conditions.
A range of business, shooting and editing topics will be taught by the six instructors throughout the retreat.
To ensure this is a valuable experience for all participants, you will be able to choose between multiple classes being conducted at the same time with a minimum of four photoshoots.
We have take into consideration experience levels and interests when scheduling so that there's alway something for everyone!
Anne Geier is a professional dog photographer from Austria. Her biggest passion is creating dog portraits in breathtaking landscapes, many of which you would be familiar with as award-winning images.
Her photography clients are throughout Europe and she also loves to coach other photographers.
In 2020 Anne published her first book together with the MITP publisher. Her work has also been published in printed press like Fotohits, Digital Photo as well as in online medias like My Modern Met, Bored Panda and the Daily Mail.
What will you learn from Anne?
- Improve your images with intentional compositions and lens choice
- Create stunning images beside a turquoise blue river with Anne beside you
- Wander through a fortified medieval village for those dreamy Anne-esque photographs
- Achieve that dreamy look like Anne in her editing class
What will you learn from Anika?
- How Anika embrace's her character, and how you can do the same for a positive impact in your business
- Create candid yet cohesive portraits of pets with their people
- Take your client galleries to the next level by learning to prepare and style your clients
- Adapt the natural vibe of Anika's work in her editing class
What will you learn from Mareike?
- How to make more money from each client in her pricing psychology class
- Individual feedback to improve your price guide
- What small brands need and how to offer commercial photography
What will you learn from Jess?
- How to get started with Off Camera Flash
- Work with horses and capture their true personalities
- Improve your action pet photography
- Learn to calibrate and colour manage for printing client work and awards
- Become confident booking and photographing untrained dogs
- Start booking commercial clients via agencies
What will you learn from Adam?
- How to shoot with selling in mind to improve your averages
- Streamline and automate your processes to service clients better (and save time)
- Become confident converting enquiries to bookings via phone calls
- Plus individual help with Facebook Ads
What will you learn from Sarah?
- How to adapt your photography approach to tell your clients story through your images
- Put your new learned approach into action on a pre-dawn shoot with Sarah
- Understand the profitable digital-only model that enables Sarah to book 40 clients a year with starting prices of over €1400
- Plus create a newsletter strategy that leads to more returning clients
Everyone will attend Tuesdays shoot at the leaning tower of Pisa.
You will schedule your preferred shoots for the other days immediately after making payment!
You will choose one shoot per day! See the shoot options to choose between, here
- What can I expect?Each day will be different! For demonstrations, styled shoots and workshops, we will be breaking into small groups so you will have the option to choose the workshop which suits you best immediately after booking.
There will also be business classes, some editing and round table discussions!
- Is there any downtime and what about meals?The entire event is a great opportunity to hang out with your peers who actually get it!
There are meal breaks scheduled (and we will be eating together) however you should expect it to be pretty full on! With that said, the class types are all mixed up to use different parts of your brain throughout the day!
- I have a dietary requirement, can you cater for me?I get it- I'm in that camp too, I'm Coeliac!
Vegan, vegetarian, Halal, gluten free, and all the other dietary requirements and allergens can be catered for. Just let us know through the booking form!
- Where is it and how do I get there?The retreat is being held in the hills of Tuscany! The nearest airport is Pisa and we are providing a private bus from Pisa to the accomodation, and back again.
- How do room allocations work?If you opt for a "Standard Twin Share" room, you are welcome to request a particular attendee as your room mate if you know another attendee, otherwise, a room mate of the same gender will be assigned to you.
If you have upgraded to a private room, you will have your own private room and bathroom, all on the same site of the rest of us of course!
- Are there any other requirements?You need to have a good level of fitness to enjoy this retreat as there is quite a lot of walking involved.
There are no minimum requirements for your photography or business skills but you will benefit most from this event if you have a professional level understanding of your camera (can comfortably shoot in manual mode and understand your lenses).
In order to keep ticket prices down, all models will be paid with images. To make this happen, you are required to upload a minimum of one image per model that you photograph within 2 weeks from the end of the Retreat.
- I am interested in exploring Italy more afterwards, can you help me?I highly recommend that!
I live in Italy and will happily share some local knowledge!
- Tell me more about the video workshopThe video workshop is an optional add-on. It is €350 per person and will run on Saturday 29th April with Alex and Emmeline of Eden Photography and Video.
During the five hours you will learn how to shoot and edit video for your clients and marketing materials. You don't need to have any prior knowledge of video to attend but you will need a camera which has video function.
Lunch is not included but is available at the hotel restaurant.
Transport back to Pisa will be provided at the end of your workshop.
- I still have questions!No dramas, just email me! firstname.lastname@example.org
Let's Do This!
Please note, payment must be made in full prior to the event.
Should payment not be received in full, your booking will be cancelled without refund of monies paid.
Ready to lock in your place?!
First of all..
Complete Step 1 and 2 of this form (it might take a moment to load)..
You will then land on a confirmation page that has the link to the form to complete Step 3. Registration Form
Step 1. Confirm Billing Details
READY?!?! Let's Go!
PRIVATE ROOM UPGRADE AVAILABLE
ONE FEMALE TWIN SHARE ROOM NOW AVAILABLE
MALE TWIN SHARE ROOMS FULL
Choose a pricing option
- Preferred optionFemale Twin Share Room- Single payment (€2290.00)€2290.00
- Preferred optionFemale Twin Share Room - Pay Monthly (Three months)3x €820.00
- Preferred optionPrivate Room Upgrade - Single payment (€2690.00)€2690.00
MALE TWIN SHARE ROOMS SOLD OUT
Only 0 remaining!
- Total payment
- 1xThe Pet Photographers Retreat - Tuscany Edition€0-+
All prices in EUR